View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
So why would my PS pump make noise if I've bled the system? Just the added strain of pumping fluid through a 9-row cooler rather than a smooth tube with fins attached (the stock POS)? I'm hoping the last two sentences in the attached service manual clipping are the explanation. I followed the priming instructions in the service manual (turning lock to lock) and there aren't any more air bubbles coming out. It took about a quart to refill the PS system. What makes no sense is that the manual says the system takes 1 1/8 quarts and I've now added a new, somewhat larger cooler. Unless there is some retained fluid from the drain, I don't know why I only fit 1 quart. Annoying...
Try it again...Whenever I've purged PS systems I've had both wheels off the ground and cycled things left and right several times with no load on them...

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote