View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Modshack, you have a Starbucks gift card being emailed to you as soon as I figure out how to do it. You've been incredibly helpful with my whole install. If the bypass system retains the oil, then the dipstick will still be accurate.

So why would my PS pump make noise if I've bled the system? Just the added strain of pumping fluid through a 9-row cooler rather than a smooth tube with fins attached (the stock POS)? I'm hoping the last two sentences in the attached service manual clipping are the explanation. I followed the priming instructions in the service manual (turning lock to lock) and there aren't any more air bubbles coming out. It took about a quart to refill the PS system. What makes no sense is that the manual says the system takes 1 1/8 quarts and I've now added a new, somewhat larger cooler. Unless there is some retained fluid from the drain, I don't know why I only fit 1 quart. Annoying...
he said he wanted a steak house gift card for his whole family. lol. Well Im glad to hear its not an oil cooler problem as I will be doing mine here shortlly now that Im back from my training.