View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
HATED1
Track Member

Drives: 2010-370z-Red-6 SPD
HATED1 will become famous soon enoughHATED1 will become famous soon enough
Default H&R springs, Spacers, Rear Camber Arms installed

First off i just wanted to thank JOSH @ Stillen for getting me a GREAT combo deal on the H&R Sport Springs, H&R 15mm/20mm spacers, and Eibach rear camber arms and toe bolts. Not only did i get a great package deal, the parts came within LESS THAN A WEEK. Thank you once again Josh.

I don't have artsy pictures and stuff as im posting this thread to answer the questions that i have been searching for in other threads, hopefully this will sway you towards buying this set-up or not.

This is how low the drop is on the H&R Sport Springs on a 2010 Sport Package 370z. This is on the first day of install. The drop is 1.3 inches in the front and about 1 inch in the rear (according to H&R) It will settle lower.

various shots of how much gap there is, (this is less than 24 hours of install so expect it to go lower).

various angle shots of the H&R 15mm DRS spacers front and H&R 20 mm DRS Spacers rear with Eibach rear camber arms and toe bolts.

random shot.

This is the whole setup of the above parts with the alignment done.

Common Questions.

Will i scrape?
yes you will, this drop will force you to take speed bumps and other things at an angle. You will hit the chin spoiler, i would imagine the guards in front of the front tires will scrape quite a bit, so i had the tech removed them. You will need too with this drop.

Rubbing issues with spacers?
no rubbing issues so far as far as spacers are concerned, i was going to do 20mm all around but read that people do have rubbing issues in front with the 20mm spacers.

Handling characteristics?
i can't really answer this as the car underwent the transformation at about 80 miles on the odometer. I will say this, the steering is not as "floaty" and the car does seem more planted. When the break-in period is over, i will add more.

Do I need the Toe bolt holes enlarged?
After the tech. installed them i was told that i could have gotten away and pulled the stock alighnment settings WITHOUT him having enlarged the toe bolts. I personally am glad it was done, eventually when swapping rims or when i switch to coilovers this will have to be done, so why not do it now.

Overall impression.
Coming from having many lowered vehicles i prefer my cars to be lower and couldn't stand the stock height personally. This combo aesthetically is more pleasing to me and personally i hope it settles a little lower. This is a good way to go if you are on a budget and you want a more aggressive stance. The ride quality is OEM, that is definitely a plus. You will NOT experience the aggressiveness of stiff coilovers with this set-up. The spacers compliment the drop very well and i would not go any higher than the 15/20 mm combo if you are new to this modding business.

for those local to the area of Washington, Axiom Motorsports in Lakewood did the install and alighnment. The Tech was Brandon, see him if you are getting things installed.

hope this helps, just want to do my part and contribute to a forum that has helped me.

*****update***** springs have settled and i believe it is as low it will go, which is one finger gap in front, and 2 finger gap in the rear (or 1 1/2 for you with large hands) Springs are like OEM, no complaints, however if you want to go low and have fairly decent roads, i would go with coilovers, i love these springs as they are just like OEM and ride great but there still is a noticeable gap in the rear that bothers me.

Last edited by HATED1; 07-19-2010 at 01:28 AM.
HATED1 is offline   Reply With Quote