Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
You cant rev the car past 5XXXrpm in neutral. You guys ever notice this? Might be a built in limiter to protect the engine.
You can if you press the clutch in. I found this out when I was making one of the initial sound clips for my exhaust. And I seem to recall that it limited the revs to 4500, not 5000, if I didn't press the clutch in.

Edit: I just remembered that in addition to pressing the clutch in, I had to slip it into 1st gear in order to rev past 5k (or 4.5k or whatever it was). So technically you are correct, RCZ. You can't rev past 5k in N.

Last edited by semtex; 04-24-2009 at 01:12 PM.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote