Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
You cant rev the car past 5XXXrpm in neutral. You guys ever notice this? Might be a built in limiter to protect the engine.
Did you verify that in your car or are you echoing the comment from the other thread ? If you verified, have you tried it when shifting from 1st to 2nd ?... ie I'd understand if you were just sitting there standstill with clutch pushed in it might limit to 5K... I'd guess that nissan did this to avoid having folks pop the clutch at 7k in 1st gear - would take a toll on the drivetrain and drive warranty costs... but something tells me that between upshifts the revs aren't limited in this way... still depending on someone else to verify - car in shop
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote