View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
neveucd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z TT
neveucd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to neveucd Send a message via MSN to neveucd Send a message via Yahoo to neveucd Send a message via Skype™ to neveucd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumby View Post
i know this is not submersing the intake in water but....

the intake placement on my SC'd G37 is down by the fake brake vent with the cover removed and only a tranny cooler infront of it. I drove for 6-7 hrs through some of the heaveyist downpoors i have been in on my way back to Canada from Cali. this was during all the mid-west flooding. i mean i splached through puddles and was in downpoors where i could barly see. And no issues. So unless you are driving through 2 foot pools of water i really think hydro lock is of no concern
I was forced to drive through about 8 inches with a **** load of oncoming traffic in the rear and no place to u-turn....intake sucked it right up even when driving slow, car started jerking, died, and now engine is done PS water height looked just like that pic of the 40th z above. So be warned, all I'm saying. Just found out Injen sales some sock looking thing that goes over the filter which may help, but that's all I've found.....probably should go Stillen since it sits higher, or short ram air like Top Secret.

Last edited by neveucd; 07-12-2010 at 08:58 AM.
neveucd is offline   Reply With Quote