View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:51 AM   #978 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post

5) On the dyno chart, the torque curve post supercharger is 18 lb/foot lower than the baseline at 2,800 rpm. LOOK CLOSELY HERE. This is not artifact. On the baseline setup, the torque progressively goes up at throttle tip in and peaks once the throttle is open. Then the VVEL keeps the torque curve nearly flat. After supercharging, the torque goes down at throttle tip in, then comes back once the computer has sorted things out. It happens every time you abruptly open the throttle. It takes about 500 milliseconds to do this, but it's annoying as hell. The driving impression: you get is good torque until half throttle, then bog if you go to full throttle. It's really annoying to have to remeber to squeeze the throttle open rather than whack it open, especialy at 60 mph in high gear (like if wanted to pass someone, although I doubt this 'off-road only' car would ever see that kind of manouvre). This phenominon would happen on big Holly double pumper 4 barrel carbs on a small displacement V8's. When you whack the throttle open, the A/F ratio goes too rich and power drops. Also, I had the first year ('98) Suzuki TL1000R, which had fuel injection, and about 10% of the times that you whack the throttle open, it would bog. Most times it worked fine. A/F ratio? Ignition advance? Interestingly, the A/F ratio after supercharging is much richer than the stock program on throttle tip in. Could this be the culprit? Regardless, I think this can be fixed with some tinkering and an ECU update.
Someone needs to fix this immediately... it is annoying as hell when you "whack" the throttle. My ECU seems to be doing the same thing.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote