View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #130 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
Hey Kenchan, I got the steering wheel volume area perfect, the heat really is the key. I just cut my template in carbon, put it on, heated it, pressed it into any indents, then cut the excess trim (I was careful)
sounds good! yah, the heat forms the film very nicely, doesn't it?
i was wondering how these companies were wrapping the trims so quickly. with the right touch it's not hard to do at all, imho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
I tried making a template, but figured it would be easier & I want it done right. So I'm going to tackle the project of taking the Nav out & doing the area around the Nav in Carbon.
if i ever get another HU im definitely going to redo my HU trim too (ive already taken it apart 5x so dont want do do it any more. hahaha) ..not that it looks bad right now, but i know i can wrap it completely to the HVAC controls, etc.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote