View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #124 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

yah, did my G's rear valance last night and it turned out great. around the exhaust cut out, rear plate holder area, etc. i just heated it pretty well until the film was flimsy and just wrapped it over and cut the excess. i was kinda amazed how well the thing stretches. so for those that want to remove the trim off your car to wrap, it would be a lot easier imho than making templates to exact dimensions and such like how i did it. i just did not want to remove the HU and stuff again.

i want to do the Z's black plastic in front of the radiator next, but the 3M does not stick well to textured surfaces. i should try adhesion promoter...

btw, after doing the G's valance i decided to remove it . hahaha. although the bumper looked great it just did not go with the rest of the car's elegant sleeper look theme (lowered with SSR 3pc wheels). the bumper looked out of place.

so the CF will stay off my G and on my Z.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote