View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKPAC View Post
They will only charge what people are willing to pay. If it's too much... cancel your service. If enough people do this, prices will go down. Now if you need internet for a business, the best you can do is deduct the cost from your taxes. But it does little good to complain and then fork over the money!
It's an across-the-board problem. Access fees for cellular, Internet, television, phone are ALL too expensive in this country. But I guess that's what cut-throat capitalism and local monopolization gets you

If even 1 more cable company did business in my location (it's just Comcast for us), then I guarantee prices would drop 25% due to the competition. Same for phone companies. Legislation was passed quite a while back that made it illegal for a phone company to only offer 1 ISP through their central hub, if others wanted to provide service there. Doesn't matter, though. Our phone company here is Qwest, therefore your phone-line-based Internet will be Qwest as well, unless you go shop around yourself.

It's quite ridiculous. The only place where true competition is allowed is with satellite television access.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote