View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Yah, hair drier is fine, but I have this smaller heat gun that blows precisely to the part I'm heating. I put my thumb next to where I'm heating so that I can feel how hot the area is getting not to damage it.

Thanks guys. The CF film I had I bought a long time ago in Japan at a hobby shop. I'm not sure what the material is but I used it on previous car door switch trims and lasted a long time. Like yrs without fading.
Didn't have these nice 3M materials back then so we only had access to these printed simulated sheets. Its super thin and wraps very easily to the contours.

I have some other thicker CF looking stuff my wife bought in Japan long time ago which requires me to spray adhesive on the back side (or get some large thin double stick tape). I might use that for the door trims down the road.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote