View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to step on anybody's toes here but I know a lot about this particular product and I think I should jump in and comment.

First of all, I have actually done the prototype/test fitment for CSF. Some of you may remember at our open house event back in May we displayed this radiator for them. At that time, the unit had not been installed in a car. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I personally did the first test fitment for CSF and found that this unit did not fit. There were a number of issues that CSF is in the process of correcting but in my opinion, a delivery date of August is not likely, and if any units are delivered in august, they would be untested. We have been working with CSF for many years now and are the exclusive distributor of their Nissan Titan radiator. Their radiators are very good quality and they work very well. When these have been tested and proven to fit, I would highly recommend them. However, I know CSF's manufacturing procedures and I know that they do not have a 370Z to do the test fitment on, which is why we did it for them...

CSF has a 90 day manufacturing timeline. We did the test fitment for them early this month...So that means any unit they ship in August would be a unit that has not gone through a final test fitment. In my opinion, they need to make one more prototype that fits correctly before they go into production with these units. Unless they decide to make their changes and trust that they're 100% perfect, manufacture 25-50 units then do another test fitment and risk that they got it right the second time.

Additionally, these radiators will not help with oil cooling. As Modshack mentioned, the thermostat controls the engine coolant temperature and it is completely unrelated to the engine oil. The radiator will help keep oil temperatures a little cooler in extreme conditions but not very much. With the extreme overheating conditions the engine oil sees on these cars there is no substitute for an external engine oil cooler.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote