View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Ztune View Post
The way I look at it is; hit the core of the problem. Why add more parts to your car when the problem can be fixed by upgrading an existing? On top of that, it improves the cooling of the entire engine instead of just the oil.

Replacing the radiator seems to make the most sense to me. Let me know if you feel otherwise.

-Mike Bratcher
Well...Ultimately the Thermostat will regulate the engine water temp. A larger more efficient radiator will just cause the thermostat to close down to maintain its setting of roughly 180 degrees. In normal day to day driving I would expect no difference...

That said, under racing conditions where the Radiator may near it's upper limit of cooling, an uprated radiator will help by raising the (water) cooling overhead though no one has mentioned this as an issue to date

So when all is said and done, there is a market for this part albeit a small one. Track cars and FI turbo'd cars being the target I would guess.

Oil cooling is a whole separate issue and should be addressed with it's own cooler. Oil temps reported here seem to vary more by usage, then by engine water or ambient air temps

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 06-18-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote