View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #259 (permalink)
Chupacabra
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z s M6
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
create a league that mirrors the more popular leagues of the world, EPL, Primera, Serie A, the game would gain a strong following here.

That is the biggest issue right there... The sports is what 100 years old... as in the competition level of World Cup etc... 1930 i believe was the first cup... won by Uruguay. But I know they won two other ones previous to those when it was an Olympic sport, before the concept of the world cup was made...and the FIFA later gave them the wins as a world cup... hence why Uruguay has 4 stars. I always though Argentina just gave them their two stars.

Anyways.. when you try and change a sport with world wide recognition it goes horribly wrong.... I was going to keep typing something but got distracted with some cool info.

1930 World Cup official ball:

2010 World Cup official ball:

1930's United states Team who actually made it to the Semi-Finals... Guess they played better through the great depression.

Back Row: Left to Right: Bob Millar (Coach), Jimmy Gallagher, Alexander Wood, Jimmy Douglas, George Moorhouse, Ralph Tracy, Andy Auld, Jack Coll (Physician). Front Row: Left to Right: Jim Brown, Billy Gonsalves, Bert Patenaude, Tom Florie, Bart McGhee.

best player in the history:

Followed by the best Goal in history.. same man:
YouTube - Maradona Goal V England 1986

and so with this I leave you win the Champion of 2010: