View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #257 (permalink)
SmoothZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: giant sandworm
SmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
I think if MLS would stop trying to ride the coattails of the more popular sport leagues here, (NFL, NBA, MLB), and stop attempting to create what they think would be popular among American people and create a league that mirrors the more popular leagues of the world, EPL, Primera, Serie A, the game would gain a strong following here.

1. Cut out that stupid bullshyt playoff system, not one league in the world does this.
2. Eliminate the conferences and create a single table with a point system
3. Eliminate the stupid salary cap and allow teams to actually spend money on big name players
4. Create youth academies to spurn talent at the club level
5. Give more thought to team names, really? FC Dallas? New York Red Bull? what a joke.
6. Stop playing games at rented american football stadiums and build your own park
7. Invite more european teams to play friendlies here on American soil
8. Create lower division leagues for teams to be relegated and promoted to should they not be up to par
9. Oh yeah, ensure each referee is FIFA licensed, MLS is an extremely dangerous league to play in, while this may be good to some, it puts players careers in jeopardy, if there is a foul, make the gawddamn call. I'm sick and tired of watching a foul fest when i'd much rather see more beautiful flowing football.
I don't know what all that means, but I'll take your word for it.

"I talk to myself, and when I do that, I know I'm talking to an intelligent person."
SmoothZ is offline   Reply With Quote