View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #82 (permalink)
axio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z
axio will become famous soon enough

I just did mine as well the other night. Like Bulaman, the hardest part was disconnecting the wiring harness. Those things are on there really good, and obviously for a good reason. But that also makes it difficult to unplug.

According to the directions, you should pull the carpeting of the passenger-side floor board back, and then route the wiring through the front of the center console. I tried this and was unable to find a spot to route through the front of the center console. Instead, I did like Bulaman did too, routing through the tight spot in the back of the center console. I didn't have a cable snake... I used electrical tape and wrapped it around the end of the wire, and attached that to one end of a chopstick. Just pushed it through the small opening in the back of the center console, and it just pops out the other side.

Also, when you're attaching that plastic plug into the back of the kick plate, make sure you line it up correctly with the holes in your door frame. Pushing the plastic plug all the way into the slot in the kick plate did NOT line up well with my door frame.

OVerall the job is not hard at all. Hardest part is definitely the connector. And I wish I didn't waste time pulling back the passenger-side carpet and trying to figure out how to route it through the front of the center console.
axio is offline   Reply With Quote