View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knewrome
Base Member

Drives: '10 40th Ann Ed 370Z
Knewrome is on a distinguished road

I was a bit disappointed the 40th in the States does not come equipped with the Nav unit, mainly because of the lack of iPod/iPhone integration. I casually inquired about getting the factory nav installed by the dealer and it is a very expensive and time-consuming proposition.

One day, I'll install an aftermarket NAV & audio system, but in the meantime, I had a local car audio shop install a module from USA Spec.

I am VERY pleased with this solution. They installed an iPod connector cable in the center console. Song, Artist & Album information appear on the display of the factory head unit. It works by utilizing the factory stereo's Sattelite radio connection, BUT you also keep sattelite functionality.

It only costs a couple hundred installed and has turned out to be an ideal solution for me. The only downside is that I can't change tracks using the controls on the steering wheel. After doing some research, other car makes and models (including some Nissans) work with the track-changing feature on the wheel, but I have yet to find a solution for the 370.
Knewrome is offline   Reply With Quote