View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys.. the exhaust can take some adjustment, as we have discussed. The best method (not saying anyone hasn't done this.. but I conferred with my service manager) is to loosen everything, and jacking at the y-pipe (hard!) get the clearance necessary to clear the crossmember.

This will take loosening the bolts at the catalytic converter brace which hooks to the transmission. This is a slotted brace, and can give you the 1/4" needed to clear everything.

You should not have to heat anything up to make clearance..

I have a 350Z on the rack, I shot a quick picture to show the location of the brace and the bolts I speak of:

Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote