View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #75 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_Asiatik View Post
^^thank you very much kind sir

is the rattle that bad?do you guys forsee damge in the long run if it keeps on hitting it??
Well, you can adjust it. I took the pics above to send to my mechanic to say 'hey, we have a problem, take a look at this!'. So after I sent them, he came back, got under my car, and was able to adjust it. The rattle is mostly gone now. But the tolerances are still very tight in that spot, and every now and then I'll hear a little rattle if my car is at a certain incline or something. But it's not enough to make me worried, and my mechanic said he saw no signs of actual wear on the spot that was making intermittent contact.

Now, one thing to keep in mind is that I don't have the headers yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the headers don't change the geometry more and make things worse! I'm getting the headers put on some time next week, so we'll find out. wstar has the headers, so part of me is wondering if his problem is worse because of them.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote