View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
Recently I have been trying to learn the forgotten art of double clutching. For all those who do not know what double clutching is, research elsewhere...

Applying these principles I discovered that a 6MT with syncro-rev engaged can downshift (and up-shift most times) without the clutch.

Try this.

1. from 5th gear push the clutch in.(or just pul the gear lever w/o the clutch)
2. next move the gear lever into neutral.
3. let the clutch out.
4. now without depressing the clutch push the gear lever to 4th gear.
5. Viola! The syncro-rev blips the throttle and the lever falls into 4th without needing to clutch in!
is this your first MT car?

wat a useless technique. double clutching is good when you need to get into first from 2nd while still moving forward and your syncro locks you out...or after you stop to get into reverse.

i thought you were downshifting without the use of your clutch... now that i would've been interested in reading how you had to get a new tranny.