View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Let's break down the OP's post because I think a lot of people are misunderstanding him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
Recently I have been trying to learn the forgotten art of double clutching. For all those who do not know what double clutching is, research elsewhere...
OP was practicing the "double-clutch" method of shifting. Because this post is NOT explaining that practice, he advises a google search to all who don't know what this technique is.

Quote:
Applying these principles I discovered that a 6MT with syncro-rev engaged can downshift (and up-shift most times) without the clutch.
After double-clutching, the OP decided to try to shift without the clutch.

Quote:
Try this.

1. from 5th gear push the clutch in.(or just pul the gear lever w/o the clutch)
2. next move the gear lever into neutral.
3. let the clutch out.
4. now without depressing the clutch push the gear lever to 4th gear.
5. Viola! The syncro-rev blips the throttle and the lever falls into 4th without needing to clutch in!
OP provides instructions on how to shift without the clutch. OP DOES NOT say the above instructions are instructions on how to double-clutch.

So, if you read his post again, it's pretty clear that he knows the difference between a double-clutch shift and a clutchless shift.
LIKE us on Facebook!