View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
y0willy0
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z S 7AT Yellow
y0willy0 is on a distinguished road
Default Dead-pedal/footrest

My car is an auto trans..

The other day under heavy braking I braced my left foot on the footrest while braking with my right. Pressing both of them pretty hard, the dead pedal made a couple of loud pops as I came to a stop.

It seems now like that whole carpeted wedge the dead-pedal sits on moves a good bit. Its attached to the carpet, but was it fastened to the floor or firewall in some other way that I just broke?

I took it to the dealer and they scoped it out; while I was waiting they said they got in another 370Z and it moved the same amount. I didn't verify this for myself though.

I guess it would make me feel better if you enlightened me as to how much your footrest moves? I'm talking the entire 'box' that the metal pedal is mounted to. Even if yours moves the same as mine, what could the source of the popping noise be? Is there some kind of fastener that cracked? Maybe something attaching the metal part to the 'box'? What is the pedal mount made of (underneath the carpet)? Could I have split it somehow (if its plastic)?

Please make me feel better.. The dealer didn't seem to care! Maybe you don't? Haha..
y0willy0 is offline   Reply With Quote