View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Hmm that kinda sucks. So we'll need to find exactly where the other end of the existing wiring is, and figure out easy or hard it would be to route this to the center console's unused switch area I bet, and then find a matching switch. We could probably order replacement heated seat switches, figure out a pin mapping that works, and then carefully modify the labellling on them. I don't know why they left this off. I've never had a rear fog lamp, but after reading up on it, it sounds really useful to me in heavy fog conditions (which are very common early in the morning in TX, especially out of town).
Nissan has done a great job of routing the harnesses on the 370Z so finding the lead and getting to a user installed switch should be achievable without too much grief.