View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal 370Z View Post
Yes, it is controlled from a rotating inner switch on the turn signal stalk that is not on our cars:

When I installed the illuminated door sills I learned that the harnesses are not complete, but car specific. Mostly likely the dummy plug does go to a legit wiring part of the rear harnesses, but no farther.
Hmm that kinda sucks. So we'll need to find exactly where the other end of the existing wiring is, and figure out easy or hard it would be to route this to the center console's unused switch area I bet, and then find a matching switch. We could probably order replacement heated seat switches, figure out a pin mapping that works, and then carefully modify the labellling on them. I don't know why they left this off. I've never had a rear fog lamp, but after reading up on it, it sounds really useful to me in heavy fog conditions (which are very common early in the morning in TX, especially out of town).