View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #252 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Modshack- I got one side done and testing. It's great!

Did you use a spacer by any chance to raise the ball joint side a few mm on the tower? I ask because the damper housing is barely but surely rubbing the battery cover.

(Also dremeled out a little cutout for the shaft on the cradle part of the battery cover surround aft of the big foam cradle)
Sounds like you got it figured out! I did dremel that plastic lip aft of the foam, and also cut a slit in the foam for the shaft to drop into without compressing it...

I didn't raise the ball (no evidence of rubbing the Bat. cover on mine) but found it necessary to unscrew the shaft, Put the little retainer clip in place with the end on the ball, then rescrew the shaft and pop it into the hood ball. Didn't use a clp there as it doesn't seem necessary and it makes it easier to snap the Cylinder off if necessary..You could always put a few washers under the triangle plate to raise if necessary....

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 05-07-2010 at 07:43 PM.