View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #244 (permalink)
Prosport Gauges
Banned

Drives: 2009 370z
Prosport Gauges is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaasabi View Post
Alright here's the install/review for the CF rear dampeners!

Packaging. The instructions were... uhhhh. Yeah, not really instructive, but honestly, it's a dampeners swap, not an engine drop.

Stock dampener. The bottom joint seemed to fit just fine so I didn't want to mess with the brackets and whatnot.

Be careful removing the stock dampeners; they're a real bitch the first time around.

(The picture is after I cleaned it all up; it wouldn't stop bleeding for the longest)

I was able to put on the bottom joint and slip on the locking mechanism, but the top CF cup joint wouldn't lock into the stock ball joint. So I took off the stock ball (a bitch, as well), but the supplied ball joint didn't fit

As you can see there's a major size difference between the screws of the ball joints.

So right now I'm kinda stuck. I tried perhaps using the supplied bracket and screwing it down with the stock joint screw, but I couldn't position the bracket in any way that would fit. I think Ryan may have sent me a front set by accident, but in any case I have to write a paper for Monday, so I can't mess around with the dampener till next week.
should have used a flat head to take the stock pins out!

okay you need to install the top one first. run the damper along the hood when installing, makes it easier. then bring damper down towards the bottom ball joint. took us like 1 min on each damper

also the ball joints are the same. just takes a little force to push it on. try useing a rubber malet to pop it in.

btw, you have weird looking pants

Last edited by Prosport Gauges; 05-07-2010 at 03:36 PM.