View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #276 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

I was finally able to get the clearbra put on my Z 3 weeks after purchase, and I'd already had dings/chips since I had to drive on a ****** dirt road for the first 2 weeks I had it. But anyways, point being, I was quoted for $1000 (through the dealer) for Full Hood, Front Bumper, Full Fenders, Full Mirrors. That was what I requested...

What I recieved, and I will take pics if anyone is that interested, but since there are so many already, I'll save the kBs on the thread. Anyways, what I was expecting was not what I was given. The bra only covered the first 1/3 of the hood, and when they said 'you can't notice where it ends'... YES YOU CAN. VERY OBVIOUSLY. Clean/Dirty, Day/Night, doesn't matter... it stands out something awful. This was why I wanted the full front end done. (I'd have the entire car done if I could). Point being, it was not what I ordered. I got the full bumper as far as I can tell, but it doesnt cover the entire body of the grill. And only the front 6 inches of the fenders are covered.

This in itself would not be a problem if it was done right. But the pieces do NOT go over the edges, they stop about a 1/4in. short of the edge of the part. So not only is the entire part not covered, but neither are the edges where most chips happen!! x 50

And as I've seen on here people getting their mirrors done and it covering about 90% of the painted surface, my piece is only about 3 inches wide up the mirror, so its not even half. Fukin A.

I won't even get started about the little debris I can see that was caught under the clearbra itself. These guys must have just slapped it on, smoothed it out, and that was that. So what if we catch stuff underneath it... He won't notice. uhhh WRONG Julio...

So long story short:

It wasnt what I ordered
Doesn't cover the edges
Doesn't cover the complete parts
Based off what I'm seeing here, I overpaid

Lastly, Phoenix is dusty as fu*k. I hate it but its where I'm stuck so I have to suffer. Anyways, the clearbra part of the car is like sticky paper worse than the clear coat. My car is 3 toned. Black, Sandy, and BROWN. And since the clearbra only covers the front 3rd of the car, its effin ugly! LOL I have to laugh to not want to punch someone.

[/Vent]

Basically, this instance has pissed me off so much, I want to take it back to them and tell them to remove it. But I'm fairly certain 1. They won't for free. 2. I'll have to wait around till the guy they use finally answers his damn phone. 3. Be without my car for another day. 4. Pray to god they dont make the paint worse...

So for all those in Phoenix looking to get clear bra done, make sure you can be there to WATCH them do it, which is why I wanted to do it on a Sat when I don't work, but the only time he was open was during the week. Next time, I'll just take a day off.

If anyone knows about clearbra REMOVAL, that information would be greatful to me.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote