View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #37 (permalink)
tc20
Base Member

Drives: 09-370z-mag black
tc20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue660r01 View Post
haha I actually have Germany winning this year in my picks. This is subject to change depending on how things go when the final roster is selected....as of now they are a strong squad. Their goalkeeper issue now is a worry for me since Adler is injured.

I just think Argentina lacks the experience to win, and expecially seeing how Messi plays like crap in the international games they dont really stand much of a chance. And as for Spain....they ALWAYS choke. With a squad as strong as theirs it shouldnt happen. I just dont trust Spain at all as much as I would like to.
Hmmmmm...Germany's Squad is strong indeed. But there is something about their midfield that just doesnt do it for me. Sure you have Ballack and Schweinsteiger but it still doesnt seem as together as it should be.

Something about Argentina just screams final to me! idk why haha
You're right about the inexperience on that team. But they will have one of the most, if not the most talented squads taken to South Africa. And I guess I'm relying on that talent to push them through..

As for the Spaniards, we all know about how in the past they have choked time after time in the grand stage. But this time it's a little different. For one they have arguably the best squad in Spain's international history. A great balance of everything you need to win the cup on that squad. Second thing is they finally broke the curse of never winning any silverware at Euro 2008. Now you can never say they have never won anything. And finally yes they did choke in last years confeds cup to the United States, but do you really think this spanish team is going to let that happen again??? Iniesta was out that whole tournament and Xavi just isn't Xavi without him....I say if Torres is at 100% you will not be able stop David Villa.
tc20 is offline   Reply With Quote