View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSS2008 View Post
When I put the stock air intake back in I did use the stock filter. It was pretty clean because I only ran the car with stock intake for about 4k miles. I have been looking into the K&N drop in filters but I would have to cut my Takeda intake tubes to make it fit.

So I think I am going to create a short tube CAI hybrid.

1) Use two Ractive heat shield filters with the 3" inlet
2) Takeda tubes are 3.5” at the end so I will need to use a Reducer 3.5 to 3”
3) 3” extension intake aluminum tube to connect the Takeda Tube to the new 3” filter inlet.
4) Then run a 3” coupler from the end of the RACTIVE filter to the stock ram hole

RACTIVE heat shield filters (Carbon Fiber Look) are only $27.99 plus shipping and include the filter (K&N Oil type Filter [knock off]) and heat shield, which is still cheaper the K&N drop in filter.
Link: Universal Eurolite Heat Shield Filter Carbon Fiber - 3 Inch - SF007CF by Eurolite
Not sure why you would have to cut things for drop ins on the stock intake, I was meaning when you put the stock intake in, put in K&N drop ins and then see how the performance is compared to the other intake. Even when clean the stock filters are more restrictive than the K&Ns and will cause the performance to be less than the K&Ns. I think you will see that the stock intake with K&N drop ins will be about the same as performance as your ram intake.

Oh I see you kept the Takeda tubes with the stock boxes.

Last edited by Zsteve; 05-06-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Zsteve is offline   Reply With Quote