View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #177 (permalink)
TBSS2008
Base Member

Drives: 11 Corvette GS 6spd
TBSS2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Ah cool, definitely sounds easy enough.

Just trying to decide if it is worth getting it if these are the only mods I'm getting/have:
FI HFC + CBE, NST Pulley kit, and K&N Drop-ins.

And if I do, should I get the custom tune, or just use the supplied map?
I decided to pull the trigger on the Canned AAM Competition tune. I installed the tune via the Cobb AP two days ago after work. The car feels like its running better in every way.

After adding the HFC and CBE my Z felt sluggish in the low RPM range loss of torque. That has been corrected big time, a lot more hp/tq in the mid and low RPM range. I have the auto and have noticed quicker shift response much smoother engine sounds at any RPM but very smooth at the top 6000-7500 where it use to sound a bit harsh. Every gear seems more useful again due to more hp/tq in the mid and low end.

For those with the 370z 7AT this is a must have if you have bolted on the HFC or Test and CBE. An unexpected plus is the downshifting when in Manual mode. The car use to shift very hard into 2nd then 1st when coming up to a stop sign (Letting the car downshift on its own in Manual Mode). I don’t feel this anymore just nice downshift no abrupt gear change. The Cobb Access Port is a great device loving the data monitoring and performance monitoring; I can finally see what my car is actually doing!

2009 370Z Black 7AT Touring Sport (TRADED)
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote