View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
errett
Base Member

Drives: Z34 10 0111
errett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_student View Post
Cmon guys, things happen. Just like the OP, the gas cap is not the problem. It was just the locking mechanism on the door to get to the gas cap.

In the beginning I didn't know it locked with the car either. Usually these doors just push to open on other cars. And the first time I opened the lid to put in gas, I didnt have to push the unlock button. When I went home I checked to see if I locked the gas cap tight enough, but it wouldn't open. So I thought maybe something got stuck and I push a little harder than usual and the locking mechanism broke. It works just fine though and it doesnt open on its own or anything like that. I know there are other people on here who has had that happen.
Your dealer failed you if they did not point this out to you. Kinda important and a good thing to know. My dealer did not point it out either, but thankfully the Infiniti dealer did when we bought our first G35 in 2004.

I have been paranoid of people tampering with my gas tank since I brought my H2 home from the dealership and a friend walked up, opened the gas cap and said, "I bet a Twix would drop right in there." I have had locking caps/doors ever since.

E
errett is offline   Reply With Quote