View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #66 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
That's the spirit

I picked up an extra bottle jack this morning so I can manipulate the position of the exhaust from more places at once. Later today I'm going to put the whole car on stands (when I did the catback I just raised the rear), loosen *everything* up to and including the cat<->header bolts (but not header<->engine obviously), and get it lined up correctly with 2 jacks (supporting the Y-pipe and the center section), and see if I can get it off the crossmember permanently. Then I'll re-torque again, and if the "leak" sound is still there, it's going to an exhaust shop tomorrow.

I really want to get this sorted out definitively so I can move on to the intakes this weekend, and then schedule a dyno for next week.
LOL. I read that as "I picked up an extra bottle of jack this morning . . ." I was like . . . how is getting lit up on Jack Daniels going to help??

Anyway, FYI my exhaust did the exact same thing you're describing, and I had to spend time making adjustments and tweaks as well. So, nothing out of the ordinary.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote