View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #64 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Alright, I have given in to temptation. I have ordered the headers. When in doubt, pull the credit card out.
That's the spirit

I picked up an extra bottle jack this morning so I can manipulate the position of the exhaust from more places at once. Later today I'm going to put the whole car on stands (when I did the catback I just raised the rear), loosen *everything* up to and including the cat<->header bolts (but not header<->engine obviously), and get it lined up correctly with 2 jacks (supporting the Y-pipe and the center section), and see if I can get it off the crossmember permanently. Then I'll re-torque again, and if the "leak" sound is still there (and/or I can't get it off the crossmember), it's going to an exhaust shop tomorrow.

I really want to get this sorted out definitively so I can move on to the intakes this weekend, and then schedule a dyno for next week.

Last edited by wstar; 04-03-2009 at 12:10 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote