View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #180 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
+100

But honestly i dont know who to believe anymore, FP saying that the gtm dont fit and they try their best to make it fit.. but gtm customers never comment of fitting issue.. and some of them do DIY to save money..

But what ever FP said.. pictures can speak for them self.. fullstop end of the story..

now this make me wanna go to Stillen SC after seeing these fitting issue..
seriously I dont know who to believe
I don’t get your logic...

Here is a great example. Nearly everyone on this forum had issues (including myself) with the Stillen exhaust. I don’t think I saw one person take a damn hammer to it just to make it fit. No, we all communicated, tried to find the best way to make it work and the whole thing was just very civil. I went as far as cutting out the whole center section and putting in an X pipe along with new exhaust tips. THAT’S how you fix something if it’s not 100%.

Again, the alignment pics posted before do nothing for me because if everything else fits good and more importantly the car is running perfect that’s what I care about most. But having to absolutely murder parts just to get things to fit would indicate SERIOUS alignment/fitment/quality issues with the parts, and if it was THAT serious we would have heard from other successful builds that had either minor to no issues at all.

Again, I don’t know how Stillen's name keeps getting brought into this as if it’s some sort of Stillen vs GTM thing. Everything Stillen has put out thus far except for some small exceptions has needed some sort of modification done, or doest fit perfectly either. Everyone has little issues here at there with parts. I seriously think the closest thing to perfection on these boards is the F.I. exhaust systems. It also makes a lot of sense why companies like AAM want to do all the work themselves when you think about situations like this...