View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #169 (permalink)
JB-370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Stage 2 Twin Turbos
JB-370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
Whats beyond me is how the - obvious - Stillen fan boys try to drag GTM into this when there are just some very clear points...

1. GTM seems to have resolved alot/all of the failed issues that came from FP
2. FP has now admitted that both cars apparently came from shady work by performed by shady employee's that no longer work for the company.

The fact remains...this work was done at FP and how the hammering and clanking and ****** up **** that was done went seemingly unnoticed by anyone is mind boggeling. Thats the part that pisses me off more than anything else. There is no way people didn't notice these guys half-*** installing this?? Why did no one stop them? Why did it have to get to this? Why did it have to get to the point where taking it to another shop caught the attention of the original shop?

I just find it funny that some of you can dismiss this so easily. This isn't an oil change gone wrong. If it was any of you spending 9k you would be going crazy too. Also, this isn't a Stillen vs GTM thread and yet it reeks of it when reading between the lines.

I have seen quiet a few G37s turbo'd along with HP Logic and Z1's successful 370Z TTs. The most important thing is that those cars are still running as strong as the day they left the shop. Some shops simply take greater pride in making the kit even better than ever.

For example, you can take my best friends RS4 that he supercharged. The shop that did the work went above and beyond to replace all the little things (standard stuff) like clips, and hoses etc etc with the highest quality versions, JUST BECAUSE. Showing me a down pipe that doesn't align 100% doesn't make up for the complete disaster of more than one install.

I'm sure FP will grow stronger from this and I certainly dont dislike them as they have been an important part of this forums growth, I'm just more surprised by some of the bashing and the misdirection of some to somehow bring GTM into this as if they somehow forced a shop to bang hammers at parts, LOL.
100%
GTM did not do this FP did. Out of all the GTM installs, FG's installs are the only bad ones, and not just bad they are flea market style installs. I would murder a mother f-er if they did this to my car and thats a fact. I would love to see what Dave has to say about this. Does any one know how to get in touch with him?