View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #54 (permalink)
ENT-Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 MB 6MT 370Z
ENT-Z has a spectacular aura aboutENT-Z has a spectacular aura aboutENT-Z has a spectacular aura about
Default Finally test drove one

I finally got out there and drove one today. It was a very dreary and rainy day, but for some reason the dealerships were busy!

The first dealership I hit, the salespeople and sales managers are tools. They don't want you to test drive one unless you are really interested in buying that particular car. They want to "keep the miles off of it" but would be happy to order me one based on a refundable deposit in case I don't like the test-drive when it comes in. Sheesh! Good thing there is another Nissan dealer a few miles down the same street.

Second dealer is cool, my wife and I are off for a test-drive in a loaded $40K model, no questions asked. The ride was awesome, better than expected (coming from MB and Audi). Power was great, but maybe a little less than expected, but then again I kept it under 4K. Blind spots were not as bad as expected.

So I'm psyched to place an order for the exact specs I want b/c my internet search shows no such equipped cars in a 30 mile radius. Well, the salesman finds a car just how I want it at dealer a few hours away - he can have it here Monday!!! DAMN, I was trying to be responsible and wait a few months to scrap together some more cash. The guy is killing me. What to do, what to do??? Of course I can't get the damn car off my mind now that I've driven it.

My advice - if you are not 100% ready to buy now, do not go and test drive one -- it will be torture on you!
ENT-Z is offline   Reply With Quote