View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:36 AM   #32 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCuomo View Post
Not true - if there are manufacturer caused defects you can force them to be corrected. That's what a warranty is for...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the suggestion to get some 2000 grit sandpaper from your local auto paint store, sand out the spot (assuming it's not deep), then polish back to a gloss finish. BUT - if OP isn't experienced in doing this, then I'd go back to the dealer and try one more time, this time with a witness - if necessary, tell them you will have the spot repaired and then sue them in small claims court to recover your out-of-pocket expenses to repair the damage that they caused. You could also try talking to the Nissan Area Supervisor.

Good luck!
Nobody proved there was a "manufacturer caused defect". IMO, the dealer is being responsive to a customer. Good luck suing Nissan in small claims court.