View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #243 (permalink)
rbratton
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
rbratton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPaintGuar View Post
For every day drivers, I only recommend my customers the films that have the best warranty and that are easy for the customer to clean. 3M and Clearshield doesn't scratch and if treated and cleaned correctly 3M doesnt' turn yellow. [/url]
I have 4 years experience installing paint protection film and have used most films on the market. The gentlemen quoted above is correct about venture's film lacking durability, but I have to disagree with his comment about 3M's film resistance to yellowing. The pictures below were taken of a Corvette with 3M film right at 2 years after installation. This car is well maintained, garaged, and rarely driven. My customer's father had an identical car with the same problem. I replaced the film on both cars with Xpel film and both are very happy with the results. I'd like to point out that my company installed both the 3M film and the Xpel film on both of these Corvettes.

Don't get me wrong, 3M does make a good product, but Xpel's is better. After a few years using the 3M film, we switched to Xpel and have never looked back.

3M has a 5 year warranty; Xpel has a 7 year warranty (both pay for labor and materials). Xpel's film has much less orange peel and is a much more forgiving film to work with during installation. As a result, the film installs easier and a good installer will have very few cosmetic blemishes that often happen when installing 3M film.

What really sets Xpel apart from the 3M film is that they have an entire system for installation and care of the film. Instead of using water and soap as slip solution like 3M teaches (they may have changed this; I'm not really sure), Xpel makes an installation gel that is far superior for installers to utilize. Additionally, Xpel offers a finishing solution that is applied immediately after the film installation that fills the film pores with a polymer to prevent discoloration. They also have ppf sealant, that is applied periodically like a wax, that contains the same polymer to ensure the film stays sealed and looking great for an extremely long time. Additionally, these products are inexpensive and simple to use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2839.jpg (308.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2843.jpg (302.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG2847.jpg (289.2 KB, 37 views)
rbratton is offline   Reply With Quote