View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #241 (permalink)
AutoPaintGuar
Base Member

Drives: SUV
AutoPaintGuar is on a distinguished road

Long day, finally got a good roll of 60" film to finish the car.

Not many people use clearshield due to the fact it is very hard to install especially compared to Venture. Venture is a lot easier to install and takes less time. Clearshield you have to use a fabric steamer to soften the film. Clearshield also doesn't have the marketing money as 3M does.

I'm also the 3M Trainer for the Southeast so I train my competition in Florida. I work with all of the films literally every day and have to admit they are not all perfect, but from doing over 4000 cars 3M and Clearshield have well out lasted the competition. I have to admit though clearshield holds up a little better as it's clear coat is non poris which doesn't allow oils and waxes to dye the film. All of the other films are poris which eventually turn the films yellow. I like them all, I personally have better luck with using 3M/clearshield for durability and Venture on garage queen cars. Other parts of the country may have different results.

I'm not trying to argue, glad you have great success with Venture. I wish I could use venture all of the time, it looks great, and it is easy to install, I just get tired of the phone calls 3 months later asking how to remove scratches and HATE re-doing cars especially for free.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg al.JPG (45.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg alf2.JPG (45.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg alp3.jpg (38.2 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by AutoPaintGuar; 03-25-2010 at 08:12 PM.
AutoPaintGuar is offline   Reply With Quote