View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #239 (permalink)
HTP AutoWorks
Banned

Drives: G35, Jeep SRT-8
HTP AutoWorks is on a distinguished road

So I guess it makes sense that you would install 3M and ClearShield on your daily drivers since they also warranty the labor involved on removing and replacing the film. I am curious though on the yellowing you speak of. I have used VentureShield and their Ultra line for quiet sometime now. I have never had one come back from yellowing... or any reason for that matter. I do my fair share of "garage queens" and a lot of cars that are daily drivers and even some that hit the track often. Yet no warranty issues in well over 5 years. I'm pretty sure I get the same heat/humidity here in East Texas as you do in Florida. We also have love bugs here... and still no problems with that either. To be fair though I do give a bottle of sealant out with every install which prevents and bugs, bird droppings, or road tar from staining the film. If it is so "weak" and turns yellow then how is it one of the top two films on the market in regards to sales... even if installers know up front they are not going to be paid to remove and replace film??? I would think installers would shy away from it seeing how the installer is out a lot of time and money by dealing with constant warranty issues from yellowing and fading. I mean it is a lifetime warranty they are standing behind...

You are also the FIRST installer... of many I have met over the years that actually promotes ClearShield, otherwise known as Bekeart. Bekeart from my first hand experience is terrible... so much so that I wont tough the stuff anymore. It kind of explains why Bekeart only holds about 5% of the paint protection film market. If they are so good and dont yellow then why doesnt it sale more? People overall are fairly knowledgable about PPF especially in the larger cities... so I would think if the film was good it would sale itself. 3M I can understand because well... it's 3M. They are huge company that recently bought out ventureShield. (If you cant beat them buy them out, LOL.) But Bekeart is simply a terrible film... in many regards.

Anyway thats just my .02. I will continue to offer VentureShield Ultra sine my clients are VERY happy with the results. If a better film comes out... and Avery Dennison has a new film that uses the topcoat throughout it... I will go with it. I actually have some Avery on order and will test it for a while first before offering it... since I have to pay for my own removal and re-application if the film goes bad.

By the way, post some photos of the 8C when you get done. There arent too many of those running around and I am sure everyone in here would love to see the car... and photos of your work.

Last edited by HTP AutoWorks; 03-25-2010 at 04:04 PM.
HTP AutoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote