View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #236 (permalink)
Zultimate
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
Zultimate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
I realize I am very late to this party but I thought I'd offer my opinion anyway.

I do not use and likely never will use a "clear bra" product. I believe they are fine for basic paint protection such as from bugs and some very minor road derbies but I believe their effectiveness is very limited as compared to their cost.

When I want REAL protection for the front end of my vehicle I use a high-quality vinyl bra - over the 30 plus years I've been driving high-performance vehicles I've literally saved myself many hundreds of dollars of damage to my vehicles that a clear bra would simply not have provided effective protection against.

That said, I've nothing against clear bras and I realize that for those who drive their vehicles every day, they probably make more sense than a vinyl bra (they certainly require less "work" overall). That said, I find their usefulness a bit lacking for me.
Running a vinyl strap-on bra full time is NOT an option for me. Regardless, you can't insure 100% protection with anything. I like to know i at least have some protection every time i drive. In the last 4 years i've had 3 different cars with the 3M clear bra. I've yet to have anything penetrate the bra on any of my cars. My truck now has over 30k miles and the front end still looks new.
Zultimate is offline   Reply With Quote