Thread: 370Z Newb Pwnag
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #66 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I'd be cool and powerslide my Z after washing it at a local power-washing place.

Didn't consider the soap on the tires. It was late, no one around...managed to swing the *** around then too much so, then overcorrected and swung I back the other way, and ended up pointing the nose straight at a curb. Lucky me, I was on my brakes hard at this point, and stopped it before it hit said curb.

Lesson learned - hell no.

I tried the same thing at an intersection off a highway exit ramp - again a situation where there was no traffic. Pulled out, goosed it, and the rear end swung around like it was on a ball bearing, and I nearly did a 180, and headed for the divided median (it's a divided underpass), and my tires touched a little grass.

I thought that'd be the end of it you know?

Nah...I decided to do it again in a newly constructed subdivision - didn't even have any houses up yet. Pulled off a nice powerslide, and left. Maybe I'm getting the hang of it, eh? Did it once again...and that was good enough

Was at another parking lot, this time, I wasn't really aiming for anything - just cocked the wheel all the way over and floored it - lol. Did a 360 before I could even acknowledge it, and was heading for a 540 before I got some control over it. lol

Lastly, I was at yet another parking lot, and thought I'd do a bit of "random autocross". DAMN near ran over a 4" curb, thinking it was an exit (asphalt w/ cement curbs, where they typically take the cement curb across the enterance style) - brakes work well, I'll say that.

Everytime I get in my Z, I seem to have a (k)newb(etter) moment.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote