View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Thanks for getting this out the door so quickly Stillen

Now that you've got a final product, can you comment officially and more specifically on a couple of points?

(1) On the 370Z, is filter removal basically going to be a matter of removing a panel from the underside of the front of the car? In the photos they look a bit high up to reach from there, but it's hard for me to picture exactly how the removal/reinstall of the filters would go without seeing it installed in person.

(2) Without a center support (or any support that I can see aside from where it attaches at the TB) like the splash shield on the G37 version, I imagine the tubes are going to bounce around a bit more. Would it make sense perhaps, after enlarging the holes for the tubes to pass through, to apply some weatherstrip or something to the edges of the holes to keep the tubes from beating themselves up on it and/or clanging around?
Sorry about missing these:

1. Yes, removal of the fascia would be necessary to gain access to the filters to remove them for cleaning. That being said, K&N recommends cleaning them every 50,000 - 100,000 miles.. so this isn't going to happen a lot. Also, once you remove the fascia once, you'll be able to do it again in a quarter of the time.

2. The support was necessary on the G37 to attach the splash shield, not to support the pipes/filters. They will not be 'clanging around'. Adding weatherstripping will not hurt anything.
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote