View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 11:49 PM   #53 (permalink)
Akirasoft
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6 08 RDX
Akirasoft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedTeeth View Post
Anyone whos test drove this car possibly driven an Evo X? I was interested in as to how the two compare
I'm not sure you can really compare the two directly... I recently test drove one and can compare it to the evo 8 I owned for 3 years and sold last year...

I was actually surprised the 370z was as twitchy as the evo was but with MORE steering effort (likely due to be larger wheels). Power delivery and the car felt plenty fast... Faster than my evo was stock but not as fast as my evo was after cams, boost control, exhaust, intake, bigger front mount etc etc etc. that is to be expected as approx 260whp won't be as quick as approx 350 or so whp.

Interior was the biggest surprise for me. Everything felt like it was in the right place and was of much higher quality than I expected from Nissan. Navigation system is significantly better than the one in my Acura RDX.

I had really meant to cross shop the 370z with some other options (genesis coupe, camaro, not really sure what else) but now I'm not sure that I will even bother. I know already that I don't like the look of the genesis coupe and don't think that the size of the domestic models (mustang/camaro) will appeal to me.

That being said I still haven't picked up a 370z but at this point I'm really just trying to pick a color. Either black or graphite but based on pics online black does not really seem to suit this car. that graphite color sure does look nice (and since my last 3 cars have been black, it will be a nice departure...)
Akirasoft is offline   Reply With Quote