View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #169 (permalink)
ianthegreat
Base Member

Drives: 08 335i, 86 Ranger
ianthegreat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
So, while I don't think I'll ever be officially street racing again (minus maybe a quick, short run or something), Im pretty sure actually giving a slow thumbs down is fairly douche-y, and I'd laugh promptly if someone did that to me. It could mean so many things...either you don't approve of the car, what they're doing on the road, or you just know your *** is going to be beat by whatever wants to race you so you're tucking your tail.

When I was cruising in my Camaro (no slouch at all, with 520 WHP on the juice), some dude instigated a race with me. And by that, I mean he was revving the crap out of me at a light, and then took off. So, being the middle of the night with wide open road in east bum **** Omaha, I didn't back down. Smoked him. He sticks his hand out and gives me a thumbs down. WTF is THAT supposed to mean? lol

If you don't want to race someone who's instigating, either don't look at them, or just laugh and ignore it. Giving a thumbs down just makes you look like a vagina.
+1

Additionally, street racing has been given a bad rap because of the idiots swerving in and out of cars on highways.

I remember about 15 years ago the private events we would hold. 300+ cars would show up and we would run all night long down an old road. Cops would drive up, park and watch.

If someone nudges me at a light and it's safe with no traffic - hell i'll usually bite for a little bit.

Last edited by ianthegreat; 03-19-2010 at 10:16 AM.
ianthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote