View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #151 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
Took the car to work today and on the way home (2 lane hwy 65MPH) I roll up behind a stock UGLY VW Golf. He starts douching around changing speeds and now cars are passing us on the right (I CAN'T STAND THIS). Then he throws something out his moonroof which nearly clips my car, he's lucky it was a wrapper and not something more solid. So I get fed up and while in 6th give it gas and pass him on the right. I accidentally realize I'm doing 100 and ease up now that I put some distance between us. Sure enough he rolls up and starts pacing and leading a bit. This crap just pisses me off. Like what's the point of pacing me? I don't like cars driving directly besides me no matter what! Even when I'm in my Jeep. I look over (which I usually don't do) just because I want to see these goofs and laugh in their face. 2 dudes in the car looking dead ahead all serious. I just shook my head and slowed up to 60MPH and they couldn't take it anymore. I resisted because I'm still babying her during break-in but I just don't understand why people need to feel the urge to drive like idiots around the Z. It's an amazing night and day difference when I drive the Z and the Jeep. Sometimes it's just nice to drive around in the Jeep and not draw so much attention.
Let me get this straight. You are "babying her during break-in" and running 100mph fast-and-furious all at the same time. OK then. The Golf is a good-looking car, btw. Was it a GTI?