Thread: Droid
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #215 (permalink)
TamZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Mercedes GL 350
TamZ is just really niceTamZ is just really niceTamZ is just really niceTamZ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Are you getting 3G then full bars in the top notification bar?
Have not seen that error, you might have gotten a bad phone, is your daughter having the same issue as your phone or is hers working fine?
When I was in Ventura today, the bars were full and it said 3G...sometimes it only has 1-2 bars, and then sometimes it will say 3G and sometimes it was say 1 cdmi? (I think that is what someone told me) For most facebook things, it *seems* to work..although I have to go fetch my notifications, it seems..with my BB, it just dinged and I clicked and read whatever was sent. This seems like more steps..which may just be ME on the learning curve... but when I go to the home page of the facebook app..If I click Profile, it just gives me those errors. Interestingly, I can see my info, photos, etc. Just the profile part doesn't work.

I wondered if maybe I am just not in a good 3G coverage area. I asked about that when I was in there and she said where I lived was fine. But sometimes, even when I am browsing through the market looking at the applications, I get that little circular icon and it says "loading...." and it takes 15-30 seconds to then show additional applications. Same goes for trying to get to a webpage. I was under the impression it was quite fast compared to the BB and it seems about the same or even slower so far. So I'm confused and a bit frustrated.

I'll have to ask her how hers did today, she isn't home from school yet. It's funny, I only got Facebook to keep tabs on her originally--now I use it quite a bit and it would be one of the apps I use the most, and its the one app that doesn't seem to work right on my phone. Figures.