View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #222 (permalink)
Zultimate
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
Zultimate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratton View Post
In addition to the areas mentioned above, I suggest the rocker panels on low to the ground cars like the 370Z. Rocker panel protection has really saved my 370Z off and on the track. To me priority to coverage is bumper, hood/fender, lights, and then rocker panels/wheel openings if you have the $$$ available. Full hood and fender coverage is not something I recommend or normally go with as covering the leading third of most hoods is more than adquate. Most impact damage from road/track debris will be focused to areas with large frontal areas like 370 bumpers and then to areas where the tires kickup debris. As the hood tapers off to a horizontal angle, the liklihood of an impact also decreases a bit. That being said, you never know whats going to happen...

I did not participate in the dispute about the effectiveness of this product, but the good stuff works (Xpel, Venture, and 3M). The cheaper stuff, not so much...
The only advantage to doing full hood/fenders is you don't see any lines. Like i said before, on light color cars most people would not see the lines. On the darker colors they are noticable. Just a matter of personal prefererence but i say if you have the $$$ then do the full wrap. My installer charges $550 for partial hood/fender, bumper, lights and mirrors. Adding FULL hood and FULL fenders adds another $500.
Zultimate is offline   Reply With Quote