View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 AM   #221 (permalink)
rbratton
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
rbratton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zlove3 View Post
I know I have asked this before but it seems to get unanswered every time I ask. So here goes again !

Other than the hood and the bumper, what other places should be well protected? Are the rear fenders need to be protected? etc. etc. etc.
In addition to the areas mentioned above, I suggest the rocker panels on low to the ground cars like the 370Z. Rocker panel protection has really saved my 370Z off and on the track. To me priority to coverage is bumper, hood/fender, lights, and then rocker panels/wheel openings if you have the $$$ available. Full hood and fender coverage is not something I recommend or normally go with as covering the leading third of most hoods is more than adquate. Most impact damage from road/track debris will be focused to areas with large frontal areas like 370 bumpers and then to areas where the tires kickup debris. As the hood tapers off to a horizontal angle, the liklihood of an impact also decreases a bit. That being said, you never know whats going to happen...

I did not participate in the dispute about the effectiveness of this product, but the good stuff works (Xpel, Venture, and 3M). The cheaper stuff, not so much...
rbratton is offline   Reply With Quote