View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #209 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
For the guys with and without paint protection products and some mileage under the belt:

Do you think getting a full hood is overkill? I am probably getting mine done this week and installer seemed to steer me away from full hood saying the kit which includes front bumper, 20% hood, partial fenders and mirrors would be sufficient. I have been staying off the highways during my break-in but I'm wondering if the 370 hood is susceptible to rock damage higher up on the hood. I mean, for the most part, where do you guys seem to find your chips appearing (besides front fascia of course). Oh yeah, what about rear panels/doors? Obviously, the price is substantially higher so finding the right balance is what I'm after.

Thanks

This is just my personal experience. My '06 350 had a front bumper that looked like crap, chip city! The hood was fine and I drive the interstate M thru F to work. The 370 has a perfect front bumper after one year with the clear bra applied when new, the hood is also flawless. I would opt to not do even a partial hood, but that is just me. I have no chip issues anywhere else either, nor did I on the 350. YMMV.

John